January 14, 2021
• Many Clay members have professional connections on LinkedIn, but using LinkedIn is less than enjoyable to say the least. Now, you can import your LinkedIn connections so you can take notes, set reminders, and search in Clay alongside everyone else you know.
A few details:
- Clay’s search ranks people according to relevance, so you don’t need to worry if you’ve connected with a bunch of people on LinkedIn whom you don’t actually know — they’ll just appear lower in search, unless they’re a good match for your search terms.
- Clay will deduplicate contacts where possible, so if you’ve connected with someone on LinkedIn who you’ve also met, they’ll only show up once.
- To protect your privacy, this LinkedIn integration is only available on the iOS app for now, and requires that you keep the app open until the import is completed (usually a few minutes, depending on how many connections you have).
- Clay never has access to your LinkedIn credentials during this process, and doesn’t do anything on your behalf except pull your list of connections. All processing happens on your device.
- Unlike Clay’s email, calendar, and Twitter integrations, LinkedIn is a one-time import — so you’ll need to redo the process to pull in new connections.
- Improved search scrolling performance on iOS
- Improved speed and reliability of batch data jobs like importing accounts
- Fixed sorting of Today view
- Re-enabled spellcheck when taking notes on desktop and web