Connecting to Twitter
- Go to
Personal Infoin the top right, then
Settingson Mac, Web, or iOS
- Under Connected Accounts, tap
Add or Connect Twitter
- Follow the Twitter authentication flow
What Clay Does
- Clay automatically creates contacts for mutual follows on Twitter. That means people who follow you that you also follow. Hence, if you have a large following, this likely won’t be too many people.
- Clay shows you when your Twitter contacts update their bio, location, or website. Feed updates appear on the Home page and often signal job changes, moves, or new interests and projects.
What Clay Doesn’t Do
- Clay doesn’t store your Twitter credentials, like your password. Twitter only provides a token that Clay uses to pull your followers and who you follow. We never have access to your Twitter password.
- Clay can’t tweet or read your DMs. Literally, can’t. We only request permission for the purposes of creating and enriching contacts in Clay.