Clay’s iMessage connection creates contacts for people you’ve texted and displays messaging-related information on cards.
Connecting to iMessage
- Go to the
Profile Iconin the top right, then
- Under Connected Accounts, tap
- Follow the onscreen instructions
What Clay Does
- Clay imports people you've texted from iMessage. Clay will create cards for people you've texted and exclude text exchanges with non-people (like shortcodes). The more relevant someone is, the more often they'll appear in Clay and the higher they'll be ranked in search, so you shouldn’t need to remove people even if you haven’t talked to them in a while.
- Clay will try to enrich cards when possible. Clay will add people's phone numbers and text moments to existing cards when the names match. If no name is found, just the phone number is shown.
What Clay Doesn’t Do
- Clay can't send messages on your behalf. This integration never writes back to your computer, so it won’t affect your iMessage at all. We only request permission for the purposes of creating and enriching contacts inside Clay.