When Clay notices you haven’t spoken to someone in a while, we will surface their card in Home with the Reconnect feature.
You can adjust the Reconnect cadence of any of your Contacts, or ask Clay to intelligently remind you when to reach out based on the last time you interacted by selecting
Automatic. If you'd rather not be reminded of a person, but don't want to fully delete them, you can set the cadence to
Disable and Clay won't suggest them to you moving forward.
🌟 Pro Tip: You can also set how many people Clay suggests in Home settings. The number of reconnect suggestions you select here only applies to automatic suggestions, not to reconnects you manually set.
On Desktop and Web
- Open a card and click the 3-dot menu at the top then select
Set Reconnect Cadenceor hit
Hto edit or set the cadence
Hwhile hovering over someone in Home, Search, or a Group
- Open a card and tap
Cadencein the Action menu to edit or set the cadence
- Swipe left on a card in Review and tap
Reconnect for Groups
You can set Reconnect cadences on specific Groups in Clay, with the same cadence options. Simply go to the top right of a Group and click Edit, or use the E keyboard shortcut, and then select from one of the options.
Depending on the cadence you set and the number of people in the Group, Clay will give you a handful of recommendations of people to reach out to each day. You won't be reminded about the person if you've talked to them in that time period, and cadences automatically update as you add and remove people from groups.
One other thing — we'll prefer more frequent Reconnects over less frequent ones, and we'll prefer Disabled Reconnects over others. A few examples:
- If Jane appears in a Group set to Automatic and is set to Weekly on their profile card, we'll send you a Reconnect weekly.
- If Jane appears in a Group set to Reconnect Disabled, and is set to Daily on their profile card, we won't send a Reconnect.
This way, you can use Groups to organize Reconnects in bulk without worrying about messing up Reconnects on an individual level.
On Desktop and Web
- Click on the Group you'd like to set a Reconnect Cadence for under Groups
- Click on
- Set the Reconnect Cadence for that group
Collectionsin the Tab bar
- Tap on the Group you'd like to set a Reconnect Cadence for
- Select the Reconnect Cadence for that group