Flag Incorrect or Incomplete Profiles
Clay automatically manages duplicates, but occasionally we don’t have correct or up-to-date profile information. When that happens, flag the data issue:
- Go to the Contact’s profile
- Information pulled for contact provided is incorrect
- Should be merged with another contact
Not A Person
- This contact is an email or social media entity, not a person (i.e. [email protected] or the @NYTimes Twitter account)
Needs More Info
- Empty profile or missing data
What happens once I flag a data issue?
Within a day or two, Clay (automatically with algos / manually with people) will review and then remove or fix any data issues. For example, if you flag someone as a duplicate, Clay will find any contacts you have in Clay that might be the same person and merge them into one profile.
Add Additional Information
Hover to the right sidebar and click on the user icon 👤 Make changes to any of the editable fields: Personal Information Social
Go to the contact’s profile Find someone using Search🔍 or by clicking their name on the app Click under Click